10am (BST) Saturday October 29th 2011 -- 4.45pm (GMT) Sunday 30th October 2011.
Social Sciences Building, City University, St. John Street, London.
You'll find details of various ways of getting to BarCamp London 9 below. For up-to-date travel information, make sure to check the TfL web site.
Mainline and Overground
- Farringdon (First Capital Bedford – Kent (Brighton, Sutton)) – 12 mins walk (Walking Directions)
- Kings Cross St Pancras – 24 mins walk / or 23 mins with bus (Take the Route Bus 4 from Stop: US towards Archway)
- Old Street – 16 mins walk
- Angel (Northen Line, Bank Branch) – 10 mins walk (Walking Directions)
- Old Street (Northen Line, Bank Branch) – 16 mins walk
- Farringdon Closed this weekend for major upgrade works
- 4 – from Archway Station / Junction Road towards Waterloo Station, Waterloo Road
- 56 – from Whipps Cross Roundabout towards St. Bartholomew’s Hospital
- 153 – from Finsbury Park Interchange towards Liverpool Street Station
- 394 (from Angel) – from Homerton Hospital / Wardle Street towards Tolpuddle Street / Islington Police Station
- 19 – from Finsbury Park Interchange towards Battersea Bridge / Hester Road
- 38 – from Clapton Pond towards Victoria Bus Station
- 341 – from Glover Drive / Tesco & Ikea towards County Hall
- 43 (from Angel) – From Halliwick Park towards London Bridge Bus Station
- 205 (from Angel) – From Paddington Station / Eastbourne Terrace towards Bow Bus Garage
- 214 (from Angel) – From Highgate School towards Liverpool Street Station
- 274 – from Angel Islington towards Lancaster Gate Station
Cycling from Waterloo
- Come out of Waterloo Station, cross York Road and pass under flyover to back of Royal Festival Hall
- Turn right, enjoy a few minutes of easy cycling passing the back of the National Theatre, ITN and Gabriels Wharf.
- At the end, turn left onto and cross Blackfriars Bridge.
- Continue north, onto Farringdon Road.
- After a few minutes, turn right onto Exmouth Market (Exmouth Street) at Roseberry Avenue cross roads
- Continue straight, passing through bike road break to the Social Sciences building.
Here are some car parks local to the venue. See Parkopedia for more.
Parking in the roads surrounding the Northampton Square site is at parking
meters. The nearest National Car Park to Northampton Square is on Skinner
Street, off St John Street.
Parking in the roads surrounding Bunhill Row is at parking meters. The nearest
National Car Parks to Cass Business School are at Finsbury Square, Tabernacle
Street, Clere Street and Paul Street.
Parking in the roads surrounding West Smithfield is at parking meters. The
nearest National Car Parks to West Smithfiield are at Smithfield Central
Market, Snowhill and Cowcross Street.
Inns of Court School of Law
Parking in the roads surrounding the Inns of Court School of Law is at parking
meters. The nearest National Car Parks to the Inns of Court School of Law are
Selkirk House, Museum Street or International Press Centre, Shoe Lane.
Barclays Cycle Hire Docking Stations
There are two docking stations a short distance from the venue with locations
below also being easily accessible:
- Finsbury Library , Finsbury
- St. John Street, Finsbury
- Goswell Road (City University), Finsbury
- Sadlers Sports Centre, Finsbury
- Chadwell Street, Angel
- Torrens Street, Angel
- Hardwick Street, Clerkenwell